Prehnite is my almost favorite stone – today
Can you have a favorite stone or crystal? Do you have a favorite child? Favorite parent? Okay, maybe you do. I’m not going to make you identify who they are. So, when asked what my favorite stones or crystals are, I want you to understand that I’m not being coy. Because I really don’t have a favorite.
I do have favored ones for certain periods in my life or particular purposes. And right now my favored ones are Prehnite – The Stone of Prophecy.
Prehnite occurs in a range of green colors, including pale green to dark green and yellow- to brown-green. Prehnite may also occur gray, blue, orange, white and colorless. A soft apple green color is the most desirable (and the one I have been using most in the past several weeks), while blue, pink, colorless, white and orange are considered the rarest occurrences and are highly sought after by mineral collectors.
Found in Australia, South Africa, China, Scotland and the US. It is both massive and crystalline in form, with the crystalline form being less common.
Benefits of Prehnite
- Boosts prophetic abilities, aids work with cards and scrying.
- Enhances visualization, astral projection and lucid dreaming while reducing nightmares. Considered a very powerful dream and meditation stone.
- Believed to strengthen life force and energy.
- Said to heal the healer.
- Fosters belief in abundance by harnessing your ability to manifest whatever you need.
- Clears toxins and helps you develop boundaries, encourage composure, forgiveness and acceptance.
- Considered the stone of unconditional love, because it connects the will and the heart.
- In traditional shamanic beliefs, prehnite is best used for stimulating the third eye chakra.
- Physically, prehnite is often used by crystal healers for treating and alleviating symptoms of gout, anemia, kidney disorders and thymus gland problems.
- Revitalizes healing environment.
- Good for altar, offering bowl, gridding and medicine bag.